Friday, November 27, 2009

BE. thankful.

Thanksgiving.
What is the first word to pop into your head when you hear that word?
Maybe... turkey, football, or spending time with family.
But, what is the real reason for thanksgiving?
Being thankful for what you have. And caring for others who don't have anything.

This past tuesday night, everything seemed to be going wrong.
It was two days before thanksgiving and Levi got sick with a stomach virus.
Wednesday morning Lilly and Cross got sick.
I thought to myself. GREAAT, Thanksgiving is ruined. YeSsS.
Little did i know God had other plans.
Satan, who comes to destroy thought he had gotten exactly what he wanted.
He thought we would forget about we are thankful for because we had a few sick kids.
INCORRECT.

Instead, on thanksgiving afternoon, we went to walmart.
We got some cakes and bottled waters, and headed out to downtown birmingham.
We went to a few different parks, and gave the stuff out to people who did not have a home.
Or a warm house and family who cared about them.
I felt SOOO bad for these people. Just think...
God created them just like you and me. God loves them just like he loves you and me.
YET. They are alone.
They were THRILLED to get one piece of cake and a water.

I think that was one of my favorite thanksgiving memories yet.
Although my thanksgiving dinner was a burger from sonic. It's a lot more than most.
It felt so good to help others instead of helping myself.

BE. THANKFUL.
if you are reading this right now in your warm house on your computer.
you are BEYOND blessed.
Thats something we get daily and do not think twice about. No biggie, huh?

1 comment:

  1. sissy i love this story you are sooooo sweet

    love you bye

    ReplyDelete