Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Others before yourself : )

Ok so did you know humans are selfish? Well we are. VERY.
So today has been a rather boring day... extremely boring!
I babysat allllll morning. And when my mom got home i planed to go up to my grandmothers to help with Christmas cooking : ).
Well by the time i could go...she was done.
Also i asked kayla to come over but... that did not work.
So i have literally been doing nothing for like the past 2 hours.

But then i thought...
WOW im am SOO. self-ish.
I am sitting here in a heated house.
with a lemonade in my hand.
on my warm bed.
with my macbook in my lap.
YEAHH.

There are people in Africa today who will not eat.
who will not drink.
who will die.

There are people in ALABAMA who will not eat.
not drink.
and die.

WOAH. hold up.
There are people in my TOWN who will not eat.
not drink.
and die tonight.

yet here i am being a selfish little brat.
what THA heck.
i was created in the image of Christ. is this how Christ acts... ummm.
i think NOT. not at all.
Is this how Christ intended for us to act. i think NOT.

So think about others before thinking about how "terrible" your life is.
:)...

Merry CHRISTmas Everyone!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment